To drive a 8 seater minibus that has up to eight seats, you only need a standard driver's license if you are only going to use the vehicle for your own personal needs and you won't be transporting any passengers. This vehicle does not meet the requirements to be classified as either a  or a minibus. A vehicle of this size is classified as a small vehicle, which indicates that it is only able to accommodate a maximum of 8 passengers inside at one time.

When you operate a vehicle of this type that is not your personal vehicle, you are subject to a number of conditions and restrictions that are specific to the type of vehicle. If you drive as part of your job or for an organization, there may be some restrictions on who is permitted to operate the vehicles that you use and who is not permitted to do so. For instance, even if you are required to be at least 21 years old and to have held a license for more than two years, you are still only required to have a standard driver's license. This is because different states have different requirements for different types of licenses.




  • In order to legally transport customers, businesses need to obtain either a Private Hire Vehicle (PHV) license or a Public Service Vehicle (PSV) license

  • Businesses must meet both of these requirements in order to accept any form of payment

  • In addition, drivers are expected to be in possession of a full D1 license and to have completed the annual CPC training requirement

  • Section 19 licenses are issued by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to organizations that run vehicles for the purpose of transporting their members or the people the organization was established to assist, such as students

  • One example of this would be a student organization

  • According to Article 19, it is illegal to transport members of the general public in vehicles that require a permit

  • If you already have a license issued under Section 19, it is no longer necessary for you to also have a license to operate a PSV or a PHV


In order to be eligible for a Section 19 permit, drivers of small vehicles that have the capacity to carry eight passengers or fewer must meet two requirements: they must be at least 21 years old and must have held a full standard driver's license for at least two years. In addition, they must be able to pass a vision test. These drivers include various members of the faculty and staff of the school. According to Section 19, a person operating a driver's license for a small vehicle may be eligible for financial compensation.

It is possible that you will be required to have a license for private hire vehicles if you rent out the entire vehicle to a customer.

If the passengers in a vehicle with a capacity to carry no more than eight people are not charged a fee for the service they receive while being transported, then the vehicle is not considered to be used for public transportation even if it has the ability to carry up to eight people. Because of this, you may be subject to additional fees if you drive a car that is on the more compact end of the spectrum. It is not possible to rent out an entire vehicle to one individual consumer at a time. It is possible that you will be required to have a license for private hire vehicles if you rent out the entire vehicle to a customer. In circumstances such as these, 8 seater minibus is in your best interest to seek the advice of the local council that is in charge of issuing licenses to vehicles that are used for private hire.




What are the key distinctions between renting, leasing, and buying a minibus? Which one do you think will be more beneficial to you?

Minibuses can be purchased, leased, or hired from KINGSTAR, and the company provides schools with a variety of options for these transactions, including both long-term and short-term arrangements. But what exactly differentiates one from the other, and which of these alternatives should I go with?

These distinctions are very easy to articulate once one is aware of them. We would be happy to provide you with some direction to assist you in determining which option is preferable; however, in the end, the choice as to which course of action is most suitable for your organization lies solely in your hands. We would like to provide you with some assistance in this regard.

to put it succinctly

When you purchase a minibus, you immediately become the vehicle's legal owner and retain this status up until the point where you decide to sell it. As long as you continue to be the vehicle's owner, you are responsible for paying for any and all necessary repairs, as well as routine maintenance. You will need to devise a financial plan that not only accounts for the initial purchase but also the ongoing costs of upkeep and repair. If you decide to buy this vehicle, you won't need to worry about depreciation for a good number of years into the future.

It is possible to shave an entire year off of the total amount of time you spend at KINGSTAR by hiring a minibus. When you rent a vehicle from MOT, all of the costs associated with maintenance and repairs, as well as routine safety inspections and roadside assistance, are rolled into the overall rental price. The minibuses that are provided for rent are almost always previously owned automobiles, and they might not be the most up-to-date model that is currently on the market. You are the one who is responsible for returning the vehicle when the rental agreement has come to an end.

When you rent a minibus, you are actually making a commitment to buy a brand new minibus, which you will then own for a period of two to five years depending on the rental agreement. The price includes any and all necessary repairs and maintenance, as well as any and all items that require a quick installation, such as batteries and tires. In addition, the price includes any and all items that require a quick installation. You are the one who is responsible for returning the vehicle when the rental agreement has come to an end.

Please be aware that when you return the vehicle, you will be held financially responsible for any damage to the vehicle that goes beyond what is considered to be normal wear and tear. This is true for both rental agreements and lease contracts.