During the forecast period, the biological treatment technologies market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.54% to USD 4.1 Billion by 2030.
Rising R&D investments from key players and technological advancements in biological treatments provide lucrative opportunities for market growth over the forecast period.
Advances in biological treatment technology are expected to benefit biological treatment system manufacturers shortly. Because of growing environmental concerns and increased activities surrounding solid waste management, biological treatment solution providers' natural processes aid in decomposing organic contaminants.
Furthermore, customers are becoming more interested in environmentally friendly technologies and services. They have become pickier about service providers based on their environmental impact. In addition, the companies are tackling some of the world's most pressing sustainability issues, such as solid waste management and climate change. These factors are boosting global growth. Most governments intend to use alternative waste management options for dealing with MSW to reduce the amount of MSW that must be disposed of in landfills.
These factors propel the growth of the market of municipal solid waste management biological treatment technologies.
The global outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a sharp drop in demand for biological treatment technologies due to the closure of industries and offices, as well as a slowdown in the supply of products and raw materials due to lockdown restrictions, both of which have had a significant negative impact on the biological treatment industries.
· BIFFA Plc. (Buckinghamshire)
· BioCoTech AS
· Composting Solutions Ltd
· Closed Loop Environmental Solutions Pty Ltd
· Evoqua Water Technologies
· Alfa-Therm Limited
· Supreme International Limited
· Scarab International
· Pentair PLC.
· Alfa Laval among others
The global biological treatment technologies market size is segmented by application, treatment, capacity, and size.
- anaerobic digestion
- black soldier fly treatment
- 50-100 kg/day
- 0-50 Kg/day
- 101-300 kg/day,
- 301-500 kg/day
By treatment size:
The global Wastewater treatment market size is divided into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America and the Middle East & Africa. North America has the most industrial, commercial, residential and municipal water utility infrastructure. After North America, Europe is the second-largest market for biological treatment technologies. MBT (Mechanical biological treatment) is a waste treatment method used in Germany for a long time. Regulatory constraints on landfill space, the search for alternatives to incineration, and rising landfill disposal prices have all fuelled the development of these technologies. Germany, Italy, Austria, Netherland and Switzerland are the most important European markets for established MBT plants. Others, such as the United Kingdom, are rapidly rising countries.
- Pentair Water Solutions was launched in January 2022 to provide leading water treatment solutions and services directly to consumers through various channels, including online and in-home services.
- Tidy Planet Limited and Eco-sustainable Solutions collaborated in December 2021 to convert food waste from the Extreme E global off-road racing championship into electricity.
- Suez SA collaborated with Acea in December 2021 to design and engineer a water service advanced smart metering system, followed by manufacturing and commercialization in Italy and abroad.
- Alfa Laval introduced a new decanter in April 2021 to help the food industry improve hygiene while maintaining high performance.
- Ecolab Inc. launched its new digital training solutions for its industry-leading Operating Room (OR) Program in March 2021. These training solutions aid hospitals in improving the cleanliness and consistency of this critical care area.
More Related Reports